Wednesday, September 22, 2010

     Am I the only student that has issues with Kaplan's financial aid department? Being a single parent who is unemployed I opted to apply for the additional educational expense. I started classes last November and have never received this money when I was supposed to, and eveyone I speak with gives different information. I have worked in call centers as a customer service representative and I just hope, no let me say that I know that I was never rude to a customer and tried to help as much as I could . Everyone that I speak with acts as though I have no right to ask when these funds will be sent to me . They give you these disbursement dates and lets just say that it is almost ten weeks later. I bet if I owed money they would send my account to collections in that ten weeks time. What can be done at this point, nothing I am told. I just think this is really unfair and I am almost pretty sure I am not the only one having these problems.
     Ultimately I was approved for these funds and have to pay them back once completing school, but they talk to you like they are just giving you the money. The academic advising has been wonderful always willing to help, Kaplan's financial aid department needs to really work on the quality of service they provide and making sure information that is given is accurate and timely.
.

1 comment:

  1. Hello you have to stay on them call them everyday if you have too I did and I get my money regular and when I'm suppose to get it. You have to let them know u need your money. go to a supervisor if they are not giving you the results you need. Trust me I know

    ReplyDelete